Saturday, August 12, 2006

Session 7 Has Ended




And a great session it was!

________________


The next session is our last.

________________


We came from all over California; large and small, we were represented. But whatever the colour of our uniform, whatever the shape of our patch, the metal of our shield or our star, we coalesced quickly.

And we became Class 203.



We had an identity and not one that any of us shall soon forget. And that is why I have elected to keep this blog up for awhile -- if for no other reason than a frame of reference for that portal in time.

The "teaching" is over for Val and Dennis. We all hope that, now, the "learning" begins.

Great breakouts in Session 7, and a great movie: Patton.



General George Smith Patton was the quintessential anachronistic warrior -- a man some loved to hate but, when the chips were down, one had but to ask: would you want him in your corner, or working against you?

Clear for me: I'd want him on my side. Simple as that.

WHAT I WILL MISS:

I will miss each and every one of you. I will miss the flights to San Diego. I will miss the Old Town Holiday Inn Express. I will miss our meals and times together in and out of class. I will miss the Old Town Deli sandwiches; you have to admit, they were great sandwiches and they treated us, collectively, with priority and aplomb.



I shall miss the camaraderie, the stories, the friendships grown, the laughs, even the tears that some of us did our best to hide. JC got his son back, some got engaged (me!), some will get married, some went through trials and tribulations at work. We were a unit, a cohesive, cooperative group, and I shall miss that.

FOR NEXT SESSION:

No books. No reviews. Our five-page (minimum) paper regarding the course itself.

Our presentations.

Our speakers.

Bring your Class A uniform; no hat, no belt; no gun.

No polos.

___________________


We are Class 203


There will never be another class like ours.


PLEASE KEEP IN CONTACT.


-- Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home